Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I have no tribe---I am Kenyan

Yes we are tired of leaders using our tribes to separate us.
we declare ourselves tribeless.

Daima mimi mkenya.

I found this poem at

http://www.ihavenotribe.com


Though i have no tribe,
i do have roots
My roots are deep and wide
I have a Luhyia Father and a Kisii Mother
I speak Luo, kikuyu and Luhyia
I have a kalenjin sister
daughter of my father
I have a kikuyu brother
Son of my mother.
I practice Luo customs,
Indeed iam a true Kenyan
I find it hard that people want to categorise me,
For in their pleasure my parents gave me a rich heritage
its a heritage i am proud of,
though some my recoil at it.
I am a kenyan
Yes i am a true Kenyan
I know no tribe
and that is the truth not a cliche
for in our house there are all tribes.
I love my mother and father and siblings
for giving me such a true heritage.
I am a Kenyan
I have no tribe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the poem!!! I agree wholeheartedly that we should stop using our tribes to cause dissension. It's so sad. We are all ONE.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

hiya chica - how are you doing?